IN A FAMILY BUSINESS:
SUCCESS/ & SELLING THE FAMILY COMPANY
C. Bentall is an executive who remarkably, has experienced succession
in a family business, firsthand, three times! All before his
45th birthday. The first time he felt like a lightning rod in
the midst of a storm. Subsequently, he and his sisters acquired
a major construction firm, and he became its president. As a
result, David has seen both the damage that can be caused when
succession is poorly handled, and also the success that can
be found with the right approach.
- Learn how a successful family business and
good relationships within the family can both be achieved.
- Learn from someone who has lived through
three radically different succession experiences.
- Discover what insights come from working
for 20 years in a high profile family company.
- Explore how you can get along with other
members of your family, even if you own shares in the same
- Realize how critical it is to focus on the
- Discuss the importance of communication,
feelings, and family relationships.
- Consider how you can stay in the game without
getting a "bloody nose" in the process.
- See how one person, armed with a clear picture,
can have an impact for generations to come.
- Realize the key role that professional and
family advisors can play in family dynamics.
"Your talk was fascinating."
CHARLES F. NOONAN
President LNW consulting inc.
"It was the best presentation on family
business I have ever attended."
"You truly offered a refreshing viewpoint
of an advisor like myself who might not be as sensitive to
some of the inner family politics."
IAIN R.V. MACKAY
Mackay & partners, chartered accountants.